Solar Nova Scotia's July 2021 Newsletter
Click here for the PDF
- NS Seeking Input on its New Climate Plan. Voice Your Support for Solar
- HRM Making Rapid Progress Towards Net-Zero Municipal Operations by 2030
- Nova Scotia Set for Largest Renewable Energy Procurement in Province's History!
- First Nations are Leading the Way on Solar PV Deployment
- Community Solar Garden will Power Affordable Living at Former Sydney Radar Base
- Wolfville Among Maritimes Communities with new PACE Financing
- Innovative Stash Energy Pilot Completed In Kentville
- Changes to Nova Scotia's Electricity Act Offer Potential for New Solar Opportunities
- Community Economic Development Fund (CEDIF) Closes Latest Offering
- Antigonish County Solar Project Success
- New Net-Zero Municipal Building Opening in Municipality of the District of Argyle
- New Federal Greener Homes Rebates provide up to $5000 for Solar
- Nova Scotia Power’s Smart-Grid Project Progresses in Amherst with Start of 2MW Solar Farm
- Construction to Start on AREA 9 MW Community Solar Garden Project
- Massive Halifax Residential Solar Tracker
- EfficiencyOne Launches new Halifax Climate Investment, Innovation, and Impact Fund (HCi3)
- Message from the Chair
- Discover Solar 2019: Learn how to get PV on your roof!
- 100% Solar Powered History Museum
- Tiny Solar-Powered Library!
- Halifax based charity helping schools go Solar
- Dalhousie Researcher working on self-healing paint-on solar cells
- Hospice Halifax Installs Solar on New Facility
- CanSIA Completes Study and Prepares New Solar Guide
- HRM’s HalifACT 2050: Acting on Climate Together
- SolarHomes Update from Efficiency Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotia Power to construct 2 MW Solar Farm in Amherst
- Solar Nova Scotia Board Members in Jamaica
- Canadian Coast Guard College Solar Flower
- Dalhousie Perovskite Start-Up Launches
- New Website Launches to help Nova Scotians Navigate Solar
- Verschuren Centre Cape Breton Community Solar
- Solar Nova Scotia Board Recruitment
- Solar Tour of Ikea
- Atlantic Provinces to create Road Map for energy
- Nova Scotia Community College Community Solar Installation
- HRM Makes Solar City Data Available Online
- Colchester County Solar Installations
- Atlantic School of Theology Solar Installation
- Urban Climate Centre to be created in Halifax!
- Bridgewater Wins Smart Cities Competition by addressing Energy Poverty
- Solar CEDIF 4th Offering now Open
- Ecology Action Centre Update
- Welcome new corporate members
Solar Nova Scotia Newsletter Summer 2019
- Solar Nova Scotia Wraps up Work on Industry Studies
- Successful Solar CEDIF continues to attract Nova Scotian investors
- CANSIA Hires in Nova Scotia
- HRM’s Solar City sees huge growth in 2018!
- Antigonish Community Energy Coop Gears up for Next Group- Solar-Buy
- Solar Homes Launches
- New Solar Assist Platform will help Nova Scotians Navigate Changing Solar Landscape in NS
- Solar Nova Scotia Elects New Officers
- Indigenous Communities Harvesting the Power of the Sun!
- New 40kW Solar Installation Coming Soon to NSCC Ivany Campus
- NSCC Students to Undertake International Solar Projects!
- Our Newest Corporate Member: Solar Ascent
Solar Nova Scotia Newsletter Fall 2018
- Solar News
- Upcoming Courses & Events
- Solar & Net Zero News in Nova Scotia
- World News
- Solar Electricity for Community Buildings Program
- Muskrat Falls hydro project.
- Solar Scotia Energy CEDIF, the first solar CEDIF in Nova Scotia
- and lots more!
- Upcoming Solar Courses in Sydney!
- The PassivHaus tour on April 15
- Solar Powered Pontoon Boat - Available For Tours
- Local, National & International Solar News
- What went on at the Annual General Meeting
- Nova Scotia Solar News: Trevor Butler speaks at Dal about sustainable building practices; Nova Solar Capital, a Kentville-based company, is expanding its Solar Capital Energy Inc. CEDIF project; movie: The Age of Consequences; the Emera Atlantic Canada Smart Energy Event; Ecology Action Centre series on Cap & Trade; and much much more.
- 2017 Annual General Meeting
- ACOA’s Clean Technology Initiative
- Job Posting: Clean Energy Advisor
- Net Zero presentation by Shawna Henderson
- Dalhousie College of Sustainability public lectures
News - Local
- Fall Courses
- Halifax Solar City
- Ecology Action Centre Net Zero Speaker Series
News - Canada
- CANSIA Conference
- Three Amigos Summit
- COP 22
- The Investment Community
- Solar Cooling
- Solar Impulse Aircraft
- Churches in Great Britain go solar
- USA Net Zero National Forum
- Green mosques in Morocco
- Chile: Solar Indigenous Villages
- Germany: Berlin pulls its fossil fuel investments
- Africa: AKON Solar Energy provider
- Solar Nova Scotia T-shirts are available!
- Nova Scotia's Electricity Plan Implementation (2015) Act Bill 141
- The Antigonish Community Energy Cooperative is gathering ''signatures'' on an electronic petition against Bill 141's restrictive solar provisions.
- Solar PV & Net Metering in Nova Scotia
- A Lunenburg councillor wants to build a community solar garden that would allow residents to share in renewable power that's generated from a centralized array located in a field or on a roof.