Our vision is a Nova Scotia that relies 100% on sustainable renewable energy.
Nova Scotia has abundant renewable energy resources which we can draw upon to fulfill this vision. Solar Nova Scotia wants to have this vision supported by a vibrant local industry.
Solar Nova Scotia is a registered not for profit society and we are a volunteer run organization working collectively towards this common vision.
Mission and Goals
To achieve our vision it is our mission to promote and facilitate the adoption of solar energy in Nova Scotia.
- Work with governments at all levels to create policies supporting adoption of all forms of solar energy including active, passive, thermal and photovoltaic (PV).
- Ensure new buildings and subdivisions are designed and constructed to be solar ready.
- Establish effective policies for commercial applications of solar PV.
- Establish effective policies for residential solar PV.
- Clearly show Nova Scotians the economic and environmental benefits of adopting solar energy.
- Make our web site the recognized clearing house for solar energy information.
- Provide credible, accurate and timely information including advances in solar technology.
- Create educational materials and hold events educating secondary, post- secondary students and the public about solar energy technologies and opportunities.