- Upcoming Solar Courses in Sydney!
- The PassivHaus tour on April 15
- Solar Powered Pontoon Boat - Available For Tours
- Local, National & International Solar News
Solar energy is the fastest growing energy source in the world today. What are companies, organizations, and individuals in Atlantic Canada doing to capitalize on this opportunity? We’re going to find out!
by Jeff Harrop
- What went on at the Annual General Meeting
- Nova Scotia Solar News: Trevor Butler speaks at Dal about sustainable building practices; Nova Solar Capital, a Kentville-based company, is expanding its Solar Capital Energy Inc. CEDIF project; movie: The Age of Consequences; the Emera Atlantic Canada Smart Energy Event; Ecology Action Centre series on Cap & Trade; and much much more.
Halifax, NS, January 16, 2015 - Solar Nova Scotia (SNS) as a recognized stakeholder was invited to participate in the Electricity System Review conducted by the Nova Scotia Department of Energy. SNS submitted a 17 page report entitled "Solar Energy: Part of a Sustainable Future in Nova Scotia"
- Forging Ahead with Lunenburg Foundry's “Prometheus” Solar Forge
- Evaluating our solar resource by Cory Manuel
- Growing Salad Greens During the Cold Winters of Nova Scotia by Silvana Castillo, North Wallace, Nova Scotia.
- Historic Building Energy Issues, Part 3: Attics and Roofs, by Bill Hockey
- Energy Efficiency in Nova Scotia by Aaron Smith
- Corporate Profile -Green Power Labs
- Historic Building Energy Issues, Part 4: Foundations, Basements and Crawl Spaces, By Bill Hockey
- The Halifax Seaport Farmers Market – Efficient from the Ground Up, by Aaron Smith
- The province's new Performance Plus program for new home builds over the next few months where solar thermal will be an integral part of the plan
- Solar Nova Scotia T-shirts are available!
- Nova Scotia's Electricity Plan Implementation (2015) Act Bill 141
- The Antigonish Community Energy Cooperative is gathering ''signatures'' on an electronic petition against Bill 141's restrictive solar provisions.
- Solar PV & Net Metering in Nova Scotia
- A Lunenburg councillor wants to build a community solar garden that would allow residents to share in renewable power that's generated from a centralized array located in a field or on a roof.