1st class: Thursday, October 25
The Passive Solar Home Design Course is intended for the general public and, for those in design and construction. The instructor is a 40 year experienced solar designer-builder, Don Roscoe.
- SOLAR BASICS for electricity, for active thermal hot water and hot air, and for passive solar ( 3 1/2Hrs )
- CLIMATE CONTROL for comfort and health, energy and the environment (5 1/2Hrs)
- SITE DESIGNING, working with nature, creating microclimates and integrating the shelter (3Hrs )
- SHELTER DESIGNING, bringing you, your needs and your site together (4 1/2Hrs)
- MAKING IT HAPPEN, costing, controlling costs, contracting and doing it yourself (1 1/2Hrs )
- LOCATION: Nova Scotia Institute of Technology, Leeds St., Halifax
- TIME: Six Thursdays, 7-10pm, October 25th to November 29th
- REGISTER BY PHONE OR EMAIL AT: at (852-4758 / email@example.com)
- FEE: $80 students, $90 single, $150 couples; with handouts.
- Textbooks are $40 and may be purchased ahead of time. Click here to find out how you can get one