What is Solar Nova Scotia?
Solar Nova Scotia is a registered not for profit society. We are a volunteer run organization working collectively towards a common vision. To achieve our vision it is our mission to promote and facilitate the adoption of solar energy in Nova Scotia.
Our vision is a Nova Scotia that relies 100% on sustainable renewable energy supported by a vibrant local industry enabled by our abundant renewable energy resources.
Our mission is to promote and facilitate the adoption of solar energy in Nova Scotia. We will pursue our mission in a manner that is supportive of other jurisdictions, of all sources of sustainable renewable energy, and of conservation and efficiency.
In carrying out our mission, we will focus on the following policy and educational goals.
- Work with governments at all levels to create policies supporting adoption of all forms of solar energy including active, passive, thermal, concentrated (CSP) and photovoltaic (PV).
- Ensure new buildings and subdivisions are designed and constructed to be solar ready.
- Establish effective policies for commercial applications of solar technology.
- Establish effective policies for residential solar technology.
- Clearly show Nova Scotians the economic and environmental benefits of adopting solar energy.
- Make our web site the recognized clearing house for solar energy information.
- Provide credible, accurate and timely information including advances in solar technology.
- Create educational materials and hold events educating secondary, post- secondary students and the public about solar energy technologies and opportunities.