What is Solar Nova Scotia?
Solar Nova Scotia is a registered not for profit society. We are a volunteer run organization working collectively towards a common vision. To achieve our vision it is our mission to promote and facilitate the adoption of solar energy in Nova Scotia.
- Work with governments at all levels to create policies supporting adoption of all forms of solar energy including active, passive, thermal and photovoltaic (PV).
- Ensure new buildings and subdivisions are designed and constructed to be solar ready.
- Establish effective policies for commercial applications of solar PV.
- Establish effective policies for residential solar PV.
- Clearly show Nova Scotians the economic and environmental benefits of adopting solar energy.
- Make our web site the recognized clearing house for solar energy information.
- Provide credible, accurate and timely information including advances in solar technology.
- Create educational materials and hold events educating secondary, post- secondary students and the public about solar energy technologies and opportunities.